Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Treatment Market Insights Report Projects the Industry to Depict an Impressive CAGR
The market for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency treatment is expected to rise as a result of the expanding pharmacological product pipeline for alpha-1 antitrypsins and the rising prevalence of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. There are known to be 100,000 Americans who are alpha-1 antitrypsin deficient. The market for treatments for alpha-1 antitrypsin insufficiency is anticipated to rise as knowledge of the condition increases.
Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Treatment Market insights report expects the industry to cross USD 3,244.5 Million by 2025 at a CAGR of 12.6% by the end of forecast period 2022-2030.
Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency therapy market growth is also anticipated to be boosted by strategic mergers and acquisitions as businesses look to strengthen their market positions, broaden their product portfolios, and enhance the perception of their brands. For instance, on September 3rd, 2019, Kamada Pharmaceuticals and Takeda Pharmaceutical Ltd. signed a contract for the supply and distribution of Glassia.
Registering a Rich CAGR, the Global Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Treatment Market is expected to grow rapidly.
The market is dominated by numerous established players. The key players are involved in product launches, strategic collaborations, and awareness programs to strengthen their market positions.
The prevalence of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AATD) is increasing, which is directly responsible for the growth of the global alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency treatment market. Strategic initiatives, mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, agreements, product launches, government approvals, and expansion of manufacturing facilities by major competitors are expected to further boost market growth during the forecast period.
- Alpha-1 Proteinase Inhibitor: The segment is expected to hold the largest market share as it is the only treatment for AATD, which protects the patient from more lung damage.
- Bronchodilators: These are used for the treatment of respiratory disorders associated with AATD.
- Steroids: These are used specifically for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which affects the patient along with AATD.
- Others: Other treatment options include antibiotics for infections and jaundice associated with AATD and oxygen therapy.
By Route of Administration:
- Oral: The segment is expected to hold the largest market share.
- Intravenous: The segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR.
- Inhalation: This route of administration is used specifically for the administration of corticosteroids for treating breathing disorders.
- Others: Subcutaneous and intramuscular routes of administration.
By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacy: The rise in the number of hospitals is likely to be responsible for the largest market size.
- Retail Pharmacy: These fulfill the requirement of drugs that are needed for treatment at home.
- Online Stores: The fastest-growing segment owing to increase in number of online pharmacies.
- Americas: The region holds the largest share of the market. The market in the Americas has further been branched into North America and Latin America, with the North American market divided into the US and Canada.
- Europe: The European alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency treatment market has been classified as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. The Western European market has further been categorized as Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Western Europe.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in Asia-Pacific has been segmented into Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. The Asia-Pacific alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency treatment market is projected to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period.
- Middle East & Africa: The market in the Middle East & Africa has been divided into the Middle East and Africa.
The prominent and top companies listed and analyzed in the Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Treatment Market outlook report are:
- Kamada Pharmaceuticals (Israel)
- CSL Behring LLC (US)
- Grifols, S.A. (Spain)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Japan)
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (UK)
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Germany)
- AstraZeneca (UK)
- Vectura Group plc (UK)
- Pfizer Inc. (US)
- Mylan Inc. (US)
About Market Research Future:
Market Research Future (MRFR) is a global market research company that takes pride in its services, offering a complete and accurate analysis with regard to diverse markets and consumers worldwide. Market Research Future has the distinguished objective of providing the optimal quality research and granular research to clients. Our market research studies by products, services, technologies, applications, end users, and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help answer your most important questions.
Market Research Future (Part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited)
99 Hudson Street, 5Th Floor
New York, NY 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071 (US)
+44 2035 002 764 (UK)